Friday, September 09, 2005

 

Hurricane Katrina-Be inspired

Hi. I know that this is usually about inspirational stories and such, but this seemed like an opportunity to do some good for people really in need of help and love from others.
I have been watching the news and all those images are so sad. These people are being forced from their homes. If you would like to help, please contact the American Red Cross or someone like Catholic Relief Services. Donate that extra money that you were going to use for a candy bar or soda. Look for used clothing that could be worn by someone else.
I wrote this poem, that I wanted to blog on here.

Hurricane Katrina

Darkness, Lonliness, Sadness, Confusion
seem to creep in as the world watched.
These cities and towns that once were
so alive, are now really struggling to even
just survive.
The only thing I could think to say is that
I will make sure to pray. So many innocent
people couldn't live to see today.
The homes they built and all their dreams
seemed to just suddenly be swept away.
With space so tight, how hard it must be
to find some food and a place to flee.
The waters are high and people are violent,
I hope it soon will not be such a riot. With
help soon arriving, and money too, I hope I
can help someone start anew and that these
people's dreams will come true. My thoughts and
prayers remain with you.

Please help the Hurricane Katrina survivors and evacuaees.

Thank you!!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?