Saturday, January 20, 2007

 

Inspired by the actions of others.

How often do you find yourself inspired by the actions of others? Maybe there is someone you admire or see as a role model. Maybe you had a favorite teacher in school. Sometimes you have the pleasure of meeting someone like this. I had a chance to get to know someone, who was only in my life for a short time, yet the impact was one I noticed. I was able to see a lot of strength in this person and want to draw upon that same strength in myself. I learned from knowing this person that I had a lot of talent and skill. This particular person helped me to change my lifestyle for the better, helped me to see myself in a better light, and helped me to laugh at some of my problems. They brought joy to my cloudy days and added sunshine and smiles. I hope that I continue to encounter such wonderful people, who are out to help others achieve great goals, and to live a better life. If I ever get the chance to see this person again, I hope I get the chance to say thank you personally.
Next time you see someone who you admire or look up to, let them know. I bet they will appreciate hearing that someone sees them as such a positive influence. Too often people get caught up in negative judgements and stereotypes. I hope more people learn to be compassionate towards others and get to know someone for who they really are. I think that is a great lesson that I can pass on to others that I meet.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?